Wednesday 20 January 2016

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #120

A Small Picture

Micah 7

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 7) "But as for me, I watch in hope for he Lord, I wait for God my savior; my God will hear me." (v. 18-19) "Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy. You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea."

My Thoughts

Micah 7 gives us a small picture of who God is. He describes God just a little bit, especially in verses 18 and 19. When you get just a small bit of something, you usually want more, if it's good of course! Like when you taste the frosting on a cake, or when you have one freshly baked cookie. You want more of it after, right? That should be the same with God, when we get just a small amount of Him in our lives.

If you want to know God more and hear God more, you have to read His Word and pray to Him. Yeah, there are going to be things in the Bible that are really hard to understand. Look at me, I've said that with a few different posts of mine. I still have a post on Ezekiel 5 there that doesn't have anything to go with it because I couldn't understand it. I asked you guys for help with that and to tell me what you think Ezekiel 5 means. If you would like to do that, you can click here to go to that post.

Those parts in the Bible where you find it hard to understand? Don't worry about it. Maybe it's not important for you to know at the time. God may reveal it to you at a later time. You may know more about what it means when a pastor or a friend or even a complete stranger gives you their thoughts on it. Sometimes God uses others to help us, or us to help others, for a variety of things and reasons.

As you read your Bible more, God will speak to you from it's words. A lot of the verses that stand out to us do so because they mean something to us personally. God knows that, and that's why He speaks to us through them. Those verses are like a small picture of your own life. Maybe it's something very good. Maybe it's something that you need to work on.

Just keep reading your Bible. Keep praying and talking to God. Get to know more who God is and what He wants for you. God does hear you when you call.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website