Monday 19 October 2015

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #29

Called by God

Galatians 1

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 15-16) "But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I may preach him among the gentiles, I did not consult any man,"

My Thoughts


When Paul was called by God, he knew that it was God. Paul was persecuting those who followed Jesus and was advancing farther and faster than other Jews his age, as he says. Paul heavily persecuted Christ followers, until God appeared to him. After God had appeared to him, he immediately knew and he did not delay in going where he needed to go. Paul didn't even go and consult anyone else because he knew, after his encounter with God, what he needed to do.

Paul didn't hear God's calling for a long time. He certainly didn't hear God as a young child. Abraham was 75 years old when God had called him. Others are called at a very young age. If you have not heard God's calling yet, even if you are over the age of 50, don't worry about it. God has a plan for you and He knows what He's doing. Besides, I bet if you thought about it, you can see ways in which God has already used you, even if it's small things every so often. Remember, to God, the small things are significant. They aren't small to God or to those they affect.

God's plan for your life is not going to be the same as anyone else's. You are unique, and so is what God has in store for you. Just have faith that God will call you when the time is right. In the mean time, while you await that day, keep an eye out for the ways in which God already is using you, and for the opportunities where He could use you. I don't believe I have actually heard God's calling in my life yet. I feel strong pulls toward certain things, and then other things are just my own thoughts. God is still certainly using me in amazing ways, just as He is with you.

When God calls you, you'll know. Being human though, we may seek confirmation. I think that is totally fine. If there is something that's on my mind, and idea maybe, I would pray about it, and if I need to, I would go to someone I trust and ask their advice. There's nothing wrong with talking to someone who you could call a mentor and ask them to pray for you. In fact, that's actually always a great idea! Talk to a mentor and ask for their advice and prayer for any situation.

Last thing here, never think you aren't good enough for God to use you. Never think that you aren't smart enough, strong enough, charismatic enough or anything else. None of that matters to God because, one, He made you; He knows you better than you ever could, two, God is stronger in our weakness, and three, God qualifies those He calls. He does not call those who are qualified. Always remember that.

Previous PostNext Post



Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.


Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website