Monday 18 January 2016

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #118

Disciplined for Sin

Lamentations 3

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 25-27) "The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young."

My Thoughts

When we sin, God is not happy and He will discipline us. If you wonder why I use the word 'discipline' instead of 'punish,' it is because I believe that the word has a more positive connotation. Punishment is kind of a negative thing and can include harsh actions. It would be punishment if God 'payed us back' for our sins, but God is not like that. He disciplines us, which means to show us where we were wrong and then correct us.

No matter what, sin is wrong and keeps us from God. I used to think that I wouldn't be punished for any of my sins until the day I died and that all of it would be tallied up. That's wrong as well. God has already forgiven us for every sin we ever have or ever will commit, all we need to do is accept the gift that Jesus gave us when He died on the cross.

Not only was I wrong in that God would punish us for our sins, or that all of them would be tallied, but I was also wrong that this only happen once I died. God disciplines us even now for our sins. He doesn't necessarily discipline us the way you would expect. The senior pastor at my church opened my eyes to this.

Remember, I said before that I used to think 'punishment.' Sometimes all that happens is God reminds you that what you did was wrong. Maybe He'll remind you of what you may or may not miss out on because of what you did. The guilt that you feel is a part of this as well. Now, you can't let yourself dwell on it too much. If you do that, you only make things worse for yourself.

Ask God for forgiveness and forgive yourself as well. Ask God to restore you and to help you to become stronger. We all make mistakes and God knows that. He reminds us when we do and that if we continue, we will miss out on His best for us. God is good to those who put their hope in Him, and we won't be destroyed by our mistakes because the grace of God is much greater! 

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website