Thursday 7 January 2016

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #107

Envious of the Wicked

Psalm 73

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 2-3) "But as for me, my feet had almost slipped; I had nearly lost my foothold. For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked." (v. 12) "This is what the wicked are like--always carefree, they increase in wealth." (v. 27-28) "Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you. But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the sovereign Lord my refuge; I will tell of your deeds."

My Thoughts

This post will tie in very well with my post on Why Do the Wicked Prosper? It is very similar, but focusing on a different angle. This post is about others' feelings on why this is this way.

The wicked live to have the good life, and that's just what they achieve. They become rich, yet selfish, hoarding possessions. Famous, yet alone. Powerful, yet corrupt. Everything the wicked gain will ultimately be lost. They rely on all they have and all they can do and who they know, instead of relying on God. What happens when they lose one of those things? Their life completely falls apart.

The righteous live to have the God life, and that's just what they achieve. They become rich, yet selfless, without the need or possessions. Not famous, but well known on a personal level. Powerful through God, having influence with wisdom. Everything they lose will ultimately be gained. They rely on God and not on themselves. Their losses don't matter much because they cannot lose God and God holds their lives together so they don't fall apart.

Which is better in your opinion? To have everything you ever wanted, only to lose it all in the end? Or to have few possessions, but much deeper things and to gain more in the end? I would choose to have little now, and much later, than to have everything now, and nothing later. When later comes, eternity follows. Why have lots for while and none for eternity, when you can have little for a while and much for eternity?

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website