Friday 1 January 2016

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #101

Humbleness

Isaiah 23

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 9) "The Lord Almighty planned it, to bring low the pride of all glory and to humble all who are renowned on the earth."

My Thoughts

When I read Isaiah 23, what stood out to me was the word humble. There are lots of other verses, where Jesus speaks for example, that talk about being humble, but this one I just don't see anything else right now. So that's is, obviously, what this post is about.

Being humble is a lot like being meek, which is another topic I blogged about. Where I believe the difference lies is in our attitude before we are humble or meek. What I mean is that meekness comes from being shy, you don't want to stand out or be big or anything like that. You'd rather be in the background. God doesn't want that, so you become meek.

In this way, humbleness comes from the opposite. You are outgoing, you want to be big and you want to stand out. Before I say anything else, I have to say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with being outgoing, in fact, it can be a good thing! The exact same goes for being shy. What I am talking about here are the extremes of the two. If you are so shy that you won't talk to anyone, you won't help bring others to right relationship with God. If you are too outgoing, you are usually pretty egotistical and you'll be turning people away from God. God doesn't want us to do either.

Meekness is for when we are very low and brings us up higher. Humbleness is for when we are very high and brings us down lower. The end result is the same for both, it just depends on where we are beforehand. We all need to be brought down in some areas, and in other areas, we all need to be brought up.

This post was supposed to be about humbleness, but it ended up being more of a comparison between humbleness and meekness. That's okay though. Maybe this cleared up some questions you had, maybe it gave a new perspective. If you do have other questions, I do have an email you can contact me at in the about page.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website