Tuesday 29 December 2015

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #98

God's Holiness Through Us

Ezekiel 36

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 23) "I will show the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the Lord, declares the Sovereign Lord, when I show myself holy through you before their eyes."

My Thoughts

God said of Israel that He would show Himself holy through them to the nations around them. I believe that He does the same with all of those who believe in Him. God shows Himself through us in things that we do. We just have to allow Him to. When we show genuine love toward others, that is God showing through us.

If you love and obey God and you have accepted His Son Jesus, then your heart is where Jesus dwells. He lives in your heart, and because of that, He shines through you. Jesus can turn on all the lights inside His home so that others know that He is there. You just have to allow Him to do that.

God is at work in us. God is at work through us. Every time you read your Bible, talk to God, show love to another or prove your faith, you are growing stronger in Christ. There is no limit to how strong you can become and God is constantly working. People seem to think that God is silent these days and that He just sits there watching, or that He has abandoned us entirely. The truth is that He has not. It is the people who have gone silent and dormant.

See, God works through us. Yes, absolutely God can do whatever He wants, whenever, without any limitation whatsoever. At the same time, God does not want to take away our freedom of choice. That is what makes us human. God has chose His way to act and that is through us. We need to allow Him to or He won't. God wants us to want to do His work, and when we do, He comes in and helps along.

Isn't that actually amazing? That God would choose us; entrust us with His work. Like someone working on a project that is very important to them and they entrust the work to another. That shows how much God wants us to be a part of His plan and a part of His work. That is actually a great opportunity for us, and we should not pass that up.

When you are given an opportunity to do some good in the world, you should take it. I can't say I've taken every opportunity. I know I have missed out on some things. I want to change that. How about you?

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

1 comment :

  1. I want to change that and not miss anymore opportunities from God!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website