Monday 28 December 2015

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #97

Cornerstone

Luke 20

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 17) "Jesus looked directly at them and asked, 'Then what is the meaning of that which is written: ' 'The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone'?"

My Thoughts

So in the last post, yesterday's, I mistakenly thought that the capstone, cornerstone and keystone were all basically the same thing. They are not. I wrote about Jesus being the Keystone in actuality yesterday, so today I will write about Jesus being the Cornerstone. Please take a look at the previous post to see the changes.

In construction, the cornerstone is stone on which the structure will be built. It is basically the foundation of the structure. In referring to Jesus, I believe this has two meanings. The first being that Jesus is the foundation of our lives, personally. The second being that Jesus is the foundation of our faith. Both are true, but only one is objectively true.

Jesus is most definitely the cornerstone of our faith in God. If we reject the Son, we cannot know the Father. Jesus has said that no one can come to the Father except through Him. Jesus is the Son of God. To reject Him and what He did and What He stands for means to reject God.

In the Christian faith, there  is something called the Holy Trinity. That means three, and those three being God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. All three are one and the same and if you reject one, you reject the other two. We cannot say that we believe everything that the Bible says, except that Jesus is God. If you choose not to believe one thing from the Bible, then your faith is flawed because you don't believe everything that your belief is based in and on.

The first way I mentioned that Jesus is the Cornerstone is that He is the foundation of our lives. I can say that I believe this is true for everyone, but really I can only say that it is completely true for me. If someone else does not believe the same thing for them, then that is their choice. I do not believe that a person can build their life on anything but Jesus because of what the Bible teaches.

My life is built on Jesus. Jesus is the foundation of my life; the cornerstone. Jesus is the keystone of my life, holding everything in place.Without Jesus, not only does my life fall apart, but I would have to start over because you cannot remove the foundation of a structure without compromising the entire thing.

If you've built your life on Jesus, then you've done a wise thing. If you haven't, you still can. Everything will change, yes, and that is okay because everything will change for the better. Jesus can hold up your life while He comes in to remove the bad and replace it with good.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

1 comment :

  1. Jesus is my cornerstone, my foundation! On Him, with Him and through Him I build my life!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website