Sunday 20 December 2015

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #91

God Our Avenger

Jeremiah 51

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 36) "Therefore, this is what the Lord says: 'See, I will defend your cause and avenge you; I will dry up her sea and make her springs dry."

My Thoughts

We are not going to have a problem-free life. That's something I highly doubt anybody will ever have. There are always going to be bad things that happen, sometimes worse than others. God is always with us, though, walking through everything with us.

Do you or did you ever get bullied in school? I did, quite a bit. My experience was no where near as bad as some others' experiences. I would get called names mostly. Other than that, people would take my stuff, threaten me, turn my friends against me, and one person even tried to light my hair on fire once. I was never really physically bullied. Sometimes I would ignore things. Other times I actually lashed out, sometimes physically, slamming doors, hitting and throwing things, and sometimes verbally, yelling and even swearing. I wasn't very good about all that, I know. I started to stand up for myself, in a much better way I might add, around grade 11 because I started to know God more at some point then.

When bad things happen, it is important not to let those things overwhelm us. Don't let bad things change who you truly are. When it comes to what other people do against us, don't let your anger or hatred or hurt drive you to do things that you know you shouldn't. Give it to God. This is something that I wasn't very good before grade 11.

I have still had horrible experiences with some people now, but I am usually much better with it. I am not perfect in anyway and sometimes I don't react in the best way. I am usually mostly calm until I am by myself or alone with someone I can vent to. That's when I let out my anger about certain things.

What we each have to remember is that God is our avenger. He is the one who will get back at those who hurt us. No matter how much we want to get back at people for what they have done, we need to put it in God's hand and let go of it. That way He has control. That way God does what is necessary to be done and we can continue to live in Him

Let God avenge you. He actually will. Remember though, it is in His timing. If you are frustrated by that, you haven't let go. Give your hurt to God and let Him pass judgement on our enemies.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website