Friday 11 December 2015

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #82

Empty Life Filled

1 Peter 1

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 18-19) "For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect."

My Thoughts

Life without Christ is an empty life. That's really harsh to say,now isn't it? It certainly is the way I feel. I feel that my life would have no meaning if I didn't have Christ, because what would happen when I die? I can't take anything with me, I go out the way I came in, essentially. Jesus is eternal and through Him, I have eternal life. You do as well, through Jesus.

People try to fill their lives with a great number of things. Emotions, people, things, activities, knowledge. The list could probably go on longer. Do any of these things, or anything you can think of that doesn't include Jesus, actually give you lasting joy? Oh, maybe, as long as the things themselves last. Jesus is the only one who can give me lasting joy.

Our lives can only be filled by Christ. No matter how much you try to fill your life with other things, they will never truly give you purpose, they will never fill you to the top. The reason why is because, if you lose any of it, it's gone. All purpose that it gave you, all meaning it had to you, everything to do with it would be lost. It's not possible to lose Jesus though, unless you choose to. Jesus will never leave and because of that, your life will never be empty with Him.

Jesus gives us purpose in life. A far greater purpose than we could ever know without Him. That purpose is to live like Him, join Him in life and in death, and to introduce Him to others so that they can share in all of this. That is my purpose in life and that is what I hope to gain above all.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website