Thursday 29 October 2015

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #39

Depression

1 Kings 19

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 3-8) "Elijah was afraid and ran for his life...He came to a broom tree, sat down under it and prayed that he might die. "I have had enough, Lord," he said. "Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors." ...All at once an angel touched him and said, "Get up and eat." ...there by his head was a cake of bread baked over hot coals, and a jar of water. He ate and drank and then lay down again. The angel of the Lord came back a second time and touched him and said, "Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you." So he got up and ate and drank. Strengthened by that food, he traveled forty days and forty nights..."

My Thoughts

Elijah was depressed. He was afraid because his enemies were pursuing him and depressed because he was alone, or at least he felt that way. Elijah was so depressed, in fact, that he prayed he would die. He prayed that God would take his life because he'd had enough. God was not angry with Elijah though. God sent an angel to him and fed him food and water. Then God led him to a good friend.

Even as followers of Christ, we can become depressed. We are not immune to these things. God does not become angry with us because we become depressed. So many people today have depression, and that in itself is depressing. People need to know, though, that someone loves them. They are a part of this world and their life matters. You matter to someone and if you were just gone one day because of some harsh decision, the world would never be the same for hose who love and care for you.

Depression is still not one hundred percent understood, but what I do know is that if you are depressed, do not hide it inside. Fight, literally, for your life. Fight the thoughts and the feelings. You need to continue to take care of yourself. That means that you need to eat, and not excessively, nor a bunch of junk food either. Seek out the company of a good friend or someone you trust. Even if it is just for their company and comfort. They may be able to give you some advice as well. Just do not bottle everything up inside.

No matter how depressed you are, no matter how horrible you feel, you have to take care of yourself and spend time with a good friend or mentor. Don't forget to talk to God as well. God will be your comfort and your guide in those times. Just talk to Him. Things will get better if you allow it. Whatever is making you depressed, it is all lies from Satan. Please don't listen to him. Listen to the voice of truth.

The last thing I want to say right now is that if you think that no one loves you, then you need to think again. God loves you. I'm sure your family does, and your friends as well, and if no one else will say so, then I will. I love you. Whoever you are reading this, know that I love you. I love you because the love of God is in me and overflowing. I know this is coming from some guy over the internet who you don't even know, but that does not matter one bit. I don't care who you are, what I said still stands. Please take this to heart and know that you are loved.

Previous PostNext Post



Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.


Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

1 comment :

  1. Thank you for loving me!!! I love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website