Saturday 24 October 2015

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #34

Brothers and Sisters and Others

Romans 1

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 9-12) "God, whom I serve with my whole heart in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how I constantly remember you in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you. I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong--that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith."

My Thoughts

Just as it is important for us to have friends in Christ, whom we would call our brothers and sisters in Christ, it can also be important for us to have friends who do not follow God. The reason for this is that we witness to our friends. It's usually much easier to share personal things with people we know, and even more the closer we are, than it is with complete strangers.

We don't want our friends who don't share our faith to be a bad influence on us though. I have many friends who don't believe in God, who use bad language a lot, who don't always have a very good attitude towards others, who cheat or lie. No one is perfect, and even I have lied before and said words that I shouldn't, but I don't let my friends' attitudes become mine as well. I just be myself and have my own attitude, which I try to always keep positive.

I try to be a positive influence on my friends always. If your attitude is positive and you hold true to who you are, then no amount of negativity or bad attitude is going to change that in you. So just as you don't want anyone's bad influence to change you, you don't want to forcibly change anyone else's. I just be myself with my friends. I don't force my faith or beliefs or anything on them. I answer questions that they have honestly and sometimes in conversation I will share what I believe.

Sharing and brainwashing are totally different things. I am all for sharing what you think, what you feel, what you believe and so on. Sharing is caring! Don't get carried away with it or become aggressive or forceful. Especially as Christ followers, that is not how we should be because that would make us hypocrites. Be a good, true friend to all of your friends, and keep seeking out more. Don't force your opinions or beliefs on them, or on anyone, but don't be afraid to share them either. It may be through you that your friends become you brothers and sisters in Christ.

Previous PostNext Post



Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.


Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website