Monday 5 October 2015

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #15

Ministry

Romans 15

(v. 15-16) "I have written you quite boldly on some points, as if to remind you of them again, because of the grace God gave me to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles with the priestly duty of proclaiming the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an offering acceptable to God, sanctified by the Holy Spirit."

My Thoughts

Paul tells us in Romans 15 to please our neighbors and not ourselves, to build him up. So, to build up our neighbor, we can encourage them, comfort them and support them. We are all neighbors to each other. Instead of the word neighbor, think of brothers and sisters and everyone else around us. Community is important. We can't support or love or encourage anyone if we keep to ourselves.

Those of us who follow Christ are brothers and sisters in the Lord. Those who are around us that don't follow Christ are our neighbors. We want to love and encourage each other, not only others who follow Christ, but those who don't as well. Each of us is there for the other for support, guided by the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is in the love that we give to our enemies. Jesus tells us to love our enemies.

Loving, supporting, encouraging others. There are other things we can do as well. These are some of the ways we can minister to those who don't follow Christ. When I talk to people, I don't randomly say that I am a Christ follower, unless it comes up in conversation. People talk about different things and voice their opinions on things like evolution for example. If I'm around, I also voice my opinion. I do so in such a way that I am not saying that I am right, but that this is what I believe, and this is why. Other times, those who know I follow Christ have questions about certain things pertaining to the Bible, and I answer their questions. I don't preach to people. I leave that to the ministers and pastors at church.

It is our duty in Christ to share the gift He has given us. Share His life, His friendship and His love with your friends and family and those who God calls you to share with. This is why community is so important. You don't need to be some kind of leader or anything like that, you can just be a friend to those around you. That's how you start a good community. Be a friend to those around you and through your faith in Christ, God will use you to bring the others in your community closer to Him.

Previous PostNext Post



Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do. Thanks for reading, Godbless!





No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website